Friday, July 31, 2015

Friday Finds: Horror Block – July 2015

My Horror Block for July arrived yesterday.

I wasn't expecting it this early, or maybe I just lost track of time because of working on this story for the October anthology and another for class this term.

For those that don't know, Horror Block is a monthly subscription box from Nerd Block and it's geared towards horror fans. Each month you'll get a box filled with an exclusive T shirt, a Rue Morgue Magazine and 4 or 5 other items to fuel your nightmares for only $19.99 + S&H.

This is my second Horror Block and so far I've loved everything in both of them. I'm going to try and stick with them as long as I can. What really drew me to picking this block instead of one of the other geek related monthly subscription boxes is because it comes with an exclusive T shirt every month. Also because it just seemed like it would have more items geared towards my tastes. I adore geeky items and video stuff but the truth is that I'm really just not THAT geeky, no matter how much I pretend to be :p

I was really excited for this months box because I saw a post on their Facebook page that there would be a Buffy The Vampire Slayer item in it. YAY!

The July 2015 Horror Block contained the following items.

Titan vinyl figure of Spike from Buffy.



I love this. I'm new to collecting geeky items, or anything aside from coffee cups and books, so I think this is a great way to start. I subscribed to Loot Crate a few times and ended up with a really cool Funko Pop vinyl Joker-Batman figure too, So that was my first introduction to the world of vinyl figures, and I can't say that I was disappointed.

My next favorite item was the T shirt that came this month. If you don't know I'm a huge werewolf fan and they're often the main creature feature in my stories. So to say that this “American Werewolf” shirt was perfect for me might be an understatement!



There was also a Walking Dead car window decal. I don't drive so I'll have to figure out somewhere else to put this, unless I give it to my mom to put on the back window of her VW beetle, hahaha.



There was an interesting looking DVD in the box this month. It allows you to choose which way the characters will die in the film. This has the potential to be really awesome or just really bad. Either way I'm going to have to check it out soon. I read somewhere else that it's from the 1980's, so on one hand that makes it a lot cooler because it's retro and you know it's going to be cheesy.



Every month with your subscription you also get a subscription to Rue Morgue Magazine, which is one of the go to sources for everything related to pop culture news about horror flicks, books and TV shows. I apologize for the crappy quality of the pics. I was in a hurry & having to take them from my phone. I'll do better next time, I promise!



The last thing that came in this July block was a second T shirt from the Nerd Block box as a way of trying to show you what you've been missing by not signing up for the other boxes. Mine was a Dr. Who shirt. It's nifty looking but... I'm just a Whovian, sorry. I'm going to end up giving it to one of my friends, I think.



Overall though I was stoked about this month's box. I think the Spike figure and the werewolf shirt were totally worth it on their own.

Adora's favorite thing this month was the box! :-)



Author ~ Whiskey Black

Listening to “Ain't Misbehavin'” from 1920's Jazz Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment