Friday, November 20, 2015

Friday Finds: Featured Artist Series - Holly Graham



Another Friday is here, and I have another enchanting artist to share with you this week. We met on Facebook through a mutual friend, and she has become a special part of my community. Just seeing her posts about her journey, the light she brings to everyone, and her beautiful art inspires me. She spreads nothing but good vibes and love; she is one of those people who teach you so much just by the way they live their life. She does so much more than create art - she does tarot readings, hopes to do spiritual classes in the future, and also sells crystals and other spiritual tools. I know that you will enjoy her variety of soulful creations just as much as I do.  

Artist Bio
Holly Graham was born and raised in a small town in Northern Pennsylvania. She lived on a small farm and was home schooled most of her academics. Holly followed up her high school diploma with an Associates degree in Business Marketing and Management graduating Suma Cum Laude and top in her class in 2009. Holly enjoys being a mother to five children and a loving partner of over twelve years. She has traveled all over the US and hopes to farmstead and teach workshops in the future. Holly enjoys creating using many mediums of art whether in sculpture, writing, sewing or jewelry making your sure to fall in love with her work. Her subject matters include women's liberation and empowerment, pregnancy and birth, alternative lifestyles, spiritual healing and growth.


Interview


Tell me a little about how/when you were drawn to your art.

Ever since I was little I remember creating things for people. I loved creating art for people and making them smile. Although time has gone by those feelings havent changed...I love creating art for people and having them smile.


What are some of the things that inspire your art?
I get inspired to create art by mother nature, powerful women's stories, real life struggles and triumphs

As a writer, I make it a priority to reflect on my craft to ensure that I am growing. Tell me one way in which you have seen yourself grow in your craft.
This is such a good question. I have tried to make myself versatile so I can expose myself to new people and new ways of creating art. I started out last year only having a few items to offer people and now I have over a dozen options and opportunities. I am really excited to see how far this goes and how much more I can grow whether writing or creating art pieces.

Do you create other kinds of art as well as the one you are being featured for?
I create whatever I can get my hands on I enjoy creating things in general its soothing to the soul. I enjoy sewing, sculptures, jewelry, poetry, writing, feather art, healing arts.

What are your goals for your art?
I hope to keep growing and creating as time goes on I would like to finish a self- help book and put out an empowering poetry book among other things. I would like to double the amount of friends who I have reached this year through my art and creations.

A look at some of Holly's crafts: 











Website Links:
https://www.facebook.com/The-Eclectic-Witchery-1375592829367921/?pnref=lhc

No comments:

Post a Comment